Thursday, August 28, 2008

Missing You Always

My gorgeous sisters from left to right, Tara, Kristen and Megan
My sweet sister Megan who is a senior this year. Yikes!
My beautiful sister Kristen who brings the humor in my life
My only brother Robert making one of the sweetest tackles ever!
My wonderful family the day before I left for Germany. Finally got the baby sister Alyssa on here!

Growing up in a big family is an adventure in and of itself, and since I'm the oldest oh the tales I can tell. My siblings have been and always will be my best friends and as we've gotten older our love for each other grows stronger every day. Since I'm halfway around the world, being away from them sometimes becomes unbearable. My sister Megan was Belle in her high school's performance of Beauty and the Beast this past school year and watching her in her element was so amazing. So of course she gives me a copy so I can watch it whenever I want and thats what I did yesterday. As I was watching her sing one of the songs I love the most, I just had one of the moments where reality kicks in that I am so far away and the tears fell like rain. It's true what they say, you never know how much you will miss something till its gone. My sisters are great about keeping me up to date with whats new in their lives, but I still can't help but feel that I wish I was hearing it there instead of here. The hardest for me is when they had a tough day and wanting to be there to hold them and say that everything will be alright.
I know when you marry into the military you're saying that you agree to go wherever they send you, but it still doesn't make it any easier. Some women handle it way better then I do I'm sure. But the one thing that keeps me going is knowing that we're a forever family. I get to not only enjoy this life with them but the next as well. I honestly can't imagine my life without them. So to my family, no matter where I go know that I take you with me in my heart and that I'm missing you always.

4 comments:

Carson said...

It was nice to "meet" your family in this blog entry. It is certainly hard to leave those you know and love so dearly. We have found that being so far away from family made us rely more on each other, and made us grow closer together as our own family. I doubt that is much consolation to you today, but years from now you may look back at your days in Germany as fondly as you do your growing up years.
Kent & Elaine Carson

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel. It is hard being away from family at times. I don't think that is a bad thing though, it tells you how much you really love them. I think that it is perfectly fine to miss home every now and then...or in my case a lot!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Those are some great pictures of your family!

Krista said...

Thanks for the invite--now I am in! I love reading about you and your family. Glad to get to know you better.